Friday 23 December 2011

Friday Hop Onze

Q:  If you had to spend eternity inside the pages of a book which book would you choose and why?

I'd definitely choose the world of the Night Circus. I really adored that book and I think that a hugely depressing for me is that this circus doesn't and couldn't exist. Reading it felt like I was transported alongside the characters and I feel as though I have visited in some ways. But that's not enough. I want to taste the cinnamon popcorn, see the Illusionist's Show and wander the long, twisting Circus paths. I would be an ardent Reveur, and run myself into debt getting everywhere for each show. Also, I like the idea that eventually even I could learn magic (maybe)!!!


The added bonus is the Victorian era. I like the style of clothes and speech of Victorians, and I just love to live within it all.


 Dear Santa: Which books made it to your Christmas wish list this year?

You can go to my Top Ten post from Tuesday to see some of the books I named for wish-list books.

This year, it seems, I've gone for mostly fantasy, entirely unintentionally. I love YA, but mostly when it is paranormal or fantastical to a degree; so in this light my accidental trend makes sense. But then I got to thinking about and I think I've figured out.

Short books burn me out.

I'm a fast reader, and I've found that when I read YA I can finish them in an afternoon if I'm determined, but this kind of reading exhausts me in the long and short term and I lose that element of being able to sit down with a long book and enjoy whiling away successive evening reading it. I still like YA, and I have titles I want and others I'll be attracted to as well, but I hate feeling like I'm reading things too quickly. With everything that is going on, I need books like something I can return to every night and be sure in my enjoyment and contentedness, at least for a while. And with exams, I don't have the time to be sitting down for an entire afternoon just to read a book; since I find the YA I read to be action packed and not considering the fact I might actually like a break.

But maybe I'm just reading into it too much!

Happy hopping!


And Merry, Magical Christmas as well as a truly infallibly Marvellous New Year to you all!

16 comments:

  1. I still have to read the Night Circus, but it sounds so good! New follower! :P

    Check out my FFF post here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read some fantasy recently and remembered how much I love the genre. :)

    New Follower! Come see my Friday too! :D And Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read Night Circus yet, but it's on my tbr shelf! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still need to read the Night Circus but sounds fabulous!!!
    Old Follower
    Visit My Follow Friday

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Night Circus was such a beautiful book :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can understand where you're coming from - sometimes reading too many stories too quickly wears me out too. And I have yet to read Th Night Circus, but it sounds AMAZING :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hopping through. Definitely Night Circus. I'd want to hang out with the twins and their kittens.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cinnamon popcorn?? You didn't tell me that part! This book sounds so good and it's sitting right over there -----> waiting for me to read it. (along with 50 or so other books) I can't wait to get to it so we can discuss!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love fantasy books! If I didn't know my family already bought my presents, I'd totally ask for Touch of Power.

    Happy holidays!

    - Asher (from Paranormal Indulgence)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I actually can't express how Happy I am that you all seem to want to read Night Circus. Get to it and love it like a cuddly little Kitten!

    ReplyDelete
  11. New follower!

    Yes, the Victorian era is rpetty cool, a little oppressive with rights, but definitely intriguing.

    Here's mine:
    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2011/12/follow-friday_23.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Night Circus is coming up soon in my reading list, and I'm really looking forward to it! I'm a new follower! My Follow

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't read Night Circus. This is frustrating but I've heard great things about the book!

    New follower! :)
    Please check out my FF too:
    http://forget8me8not.blogspot.com/2011/12/follow-friday-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your reply to the question. I am a new follower so come follow me at bookreaper.blogspot.com. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Night Circus WOULD be a cool world to live in. Can you imagine the different tents and the magic? Maybe the people with the red scarves would follow around too, wouldn't that be cool :)

    Merry Christmas!
    http://brunettelibrarian.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have heard good things about Night Circus, I'll surely read that soon. :) New follower, Happy Holidays!

    Sarah @ Smitten over Books

    ReplyDelete